What is Guest Blogging?
Guest blogging is when you are the author of an article for someone else’s site or blog, rather than your own. Usually it’s a mutual agreement whereby the blogger who writes the article gets a link back to their site and improves their online profile, and the person who owns the website that features the guest blog gets new content.
What are the Benefits of Guest Blogging?
As a guest blogger, you mostly blog for free in the initial stages, although if you get offered a paid gig, all the better!
I am pleased to have been featured as a guest blogger on Valeria and Valise with a Tallinn Article and The Travelling King with my article on ‘Making the most of Vegas‘.
The advantages of being a guest blogger are as follows…
- You improve your online profile and credibility.
- You get a backlink to your site or blog (usually do follow) which will help to increase your SEO/Pagerank.
- You may be able to promote your social media accounts on other people’s websites.
- You will get some social media promotion from other accounts, which will increase your following.
- Increased exposure to new potential followers.
- New business relationships.
- Guest blogging gives you more experience.
Want to be a Guest Blogger on the Globetrotter Guru?
I am now looking for travel bloggers to write guest articles for the Globetrotter Guru. Articles should particularly aim at the mid ’30’s career break’ market. Globetrotter Guru promotes sustainable and eco-tourism, so if you can include ways that your journey or accommodation were sustainable that would fit in with our ethics.
My personal travel has focused on Europe, Asia and Africa, so I am particularly interested in guest bloggers to write posts on the following countries…
- New Zealand
Suitable blog titles might include ’10 things to do in ….’ or ‘Making the most of …’